In April 2018 Heads of state from all the Commonwealth countries will be coming together in London for the Commonwealth Summit.
Alongside the Heads of Government meeting, there will be a meeting of the Commonwealth Youth Council (CYC), and we are recruiting young people to help plan and deliver this event.
Applications for UK representation on the Commonwealth Youth Council International Task Force are now open.
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Aged 18-29 on 1 October 2017
- Available for the Induction and planning event (9-13 October 2017) and the Summit (15-20 April 2018)
- Part of a member organisation of the British Youth Council
- Experience of youth participation
- Experience of planning and delivering events for young people
- Experience of, or an interest in, international development, particularly in relation to the Commonwealth
- Good oral and written skills in English; fluency in other languages is an asset
- Access to, and proficiency in, online communication tools
- Available and accessible for conference calls and to undertake tasks between the induction event and the event itself (up to twice monthly)
To apply for a role in the following committees:
- Programme and Delegations Committee
- Logistics Committee
- Communications and Media Committee
Follow this link for the full role description and application form: http://bit.ly/2uCvT4X
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and any questions.