Membership of BYC provides a wide range of benefits, focused on
empowering all young people cross the UK to have a say and be
To find out how to become a BYC Member please email email@example.com or
complete our online application form here.
We are now offering Member exclusives including:
- Discounted rates and benefits to 22 of the UK's top visitor
- 10% discount for BYC Members at Go Ape
- BYC Venue Share - BYC Members shared venues list
Representation and policy
- Proposing national policies and campaigns that make a
difference to society
- Representing young peoples views to Government and
- Voting powers at the BYC Annual General Meeting (AGM) to shape
BYC policies and campaigns and elect BYC trustees (full members
- Take part in surveys and research
Information and support
- Get advice on young people and governance and 'in person'
support for youth councils, in our role as the national youth
council of the UK
- Ongoing information and support on how to get the best from
- Membership updates with exclusive news and offer.
- Promotion of your events and activities through BYC, plus loan
of BYC display materials for your events.
- Discounts on specially selected events and opportunities
- Up to 50% discount on BYC training and consultancy
- Opportunities to meet with other members at BYC events and
- Stand for election as an international representative
(18+)Elect international representatives
- Get access to and influence European, Commonwealth and
international youth policy
- Opportunities for international engagement, events and
- International workshops at regional conventions and BYC
- International workshops and training offer for members
- Take part in international development campaigns
- Support for European funding applications
- Support to link to young people and youth organisations in
BYC also provides a range of additional opportunities that you
may wish to access during your membership. These include:
- The chance for young people to apply to become trustees of
- Online access to a wide variety downloadable resources
- Opportunities for young people to get involved with our
priority campaigns and contribute to consultations on key policy
Benefits of upgrading your membership to Youth Voice
Local Youth Council's are able to upgrade their membership to Youth Voice membership. In
addition to the core BYC membership offer, Youth Voice membership
would also offer you:
- Access Training and Development of 5 young people through
access to regional BYC Conventions based on a curriculum developed
on the outcomes for young people framework.
- Representation to UK Government and the Local Government
Association on Youth Voice.
- Monthly Youth Voice: Positive Stories publication sent to over
1000 decision makers in the UK.
- Allocated worker space at one of our Youth Voice staff meetings
for continued professional development held 3 times a year.
- Make your Mark Ballot - the opportunity and resources to take
part in the largest youth consultation in the UK.
- Youth Voice Self Assessment measurement and impact tool with a
yearly analysis report.
- Youth Voice Report Card to promote your impact and achievements
to local decision makers.
Engagement with a region wide network of youth participation
workers and access to regular support, mailings and updates.